ACTIVITY ITINERARY AND DESCRIPTION:
DAY 1: CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
We will pick you up around 9:50 am from your hotel to take you to Ollantaytambo, which is 2 hours from Cusco. The exact time depends on the time you choose to leave on the train. The train drive is breathtaking and you get to sit in very comfortable seats. During the trip, you will enjoy many glacier peaks, green lush valleys and many Inca farming terraces in both sites of the valley. Moreover, you will be able to see some Inca ruins at km 82, where the classic Inca trail begins. You will travel through the jungle and then arrive in Aguas Calientes (2000 meters above sea level) where our representative will pick you up and bring you to your hotel for the night. You will then have a free afternoon to decide how you want to explore the town. You can visit the hot springs, Mandor Gardens, or the waterfalls. Lunch and dinner will be served at the restaurant.
DAY 2: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
After an early breakfast at your hotel, you will take a bus to the ruins which take around 25 min. The busses depart every 10 min. If you don’t want to take the bus and prefer to hike along the Inca trail, just let your guide know so that he can show you where to begin your hike 1 hour hike up. You will have to leave the hotel around 4:00 am to start hiking.
In Machu Picchu, you will meet your group and have a 2 hour guided tour in English. Then you will have extra time to explore the ruins by yourself. During this time you can climb up to Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain, or you can go to the most famous spot of Machu Picchu, the Sun Gate. It will take you around 1 hour to get to the Sun Gate and here you will be to get the picture perfect image of the ruins. We encourage all travelers to make the most of their time in Machu Picchu – a wonder of the modern world. Once you have seen it all, you can take the bus to return to Aguas Calientes, or carry on with your walking and descend by foot down to Aguas Calientes.
Most people depart Aguas Calientes some time in the afternoon and take the train to Ollantaytambo, and then travel by bus to your hotel in Cusco.
Book here today!
- Pick up and drop-off from your hotel
- Private Bus transportation to the train station
- Train tickets to Aguas Calientes
- Pick up from Aguas Calientes train station and transport to your hotel
- Accommodation in the hotel
- Breakfast in the hotel
- Entrance ticket to Machu Picchu
- English speaking tour guide
- Bus tickets to Machu Picchu (round trip)
- Return train ticket to Ollantaytambo then by bus to Cusco and to your hotel
- Meals which can be organized at the restaurant
- Entrance fee to the hot springs
- Huaynapicchu Mountain ($25 per person)/Machu Picchu Mountain ($25 per person)
From US$ 330