ACTIVITY ITINERARY AND DESCRIPTION:
DAY 01 – CUSCO – LARES – LARES HOT SPRINGS – WUACA WASI
Our Willka travel personnel will pick you up from your hotel to start your tour of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. We will stop briefly in the small village of Lares where we can buy some snacks for the road, and then we will continue via bus to the thermal baths where we will enjoy a tasty lunch and rest enjoying their warm medicinal thermal waters.
Following this relaxing break, we will begin the hike to the village of Wacawasi where we will spend our first night.
DAY 02 – WACA WASI – ABRA SIPSAY – PATACANCHA
We will wake up early to fuel up for this day of adventure.
From here we will continue our hike, which will be a tough one as we cross the highest point on the trail, the step of the Condor located approximately 4650 masl. We will trek on to the beautiful place called Yanacochawhere we will enjoy our lunch and a well-deserved rest.
During the afternoon we continue our hike to Patacancha where we will spend the night.
DAY 03 – PATACANCHA – WILLOQ – PUMAMARCA – OLLANTAYTAMBO – AGUAS CALIENTES
For the third day, we will make our final hike to the village Willoq where we will be able to appreciate the typical life of the locals. After, we will do a short hike through the village, approximately 2.5 hrs, before we ascend to our bus to take us to the traditional village of Ollantaytambo where we will have free time until the time of departure of our train. Once we reach the town of Aguas Calientes via train, we will spend the night in preparation for Machu Picchu the next day.
DAY 04 – AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
We will wake up early in the morning to begin the ascent to the Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. We will visit the citadel for approximately 3 hrs. After, we will have free time before our return train takes us back to the town of Ollantaytambo, then catch our bus back to the city of Cusco.
- Pre-briefing in Cusco 1 day before the trek
- Private transportation from Hotel to Valley of Lares
- Camping equipment (mattresses, dining tent with table and chairs, tent for hygiene)
- Meals during the excursion (3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 3 dinners / vegetarian options available)
- Professional tour guide (English or Spanish)
- Horseman and mules, for camping equipment
- Emergency Horse
- Entrance to Machu Picchu
- Admission to the hot springs of Lares Valley
- Bus going up from Aguas Calientes to Machu Picchu
- Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Train Aguas Calientes to Cusco/Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and bus to Cusco
- First Aid Kit and oxygen
- Hotel in Aguas Calientes (that can be upgrade)
- Duffle bags
- Clothes, rain gear, and footwear
- Sunscreen, toiletries, and personal items
- Water bottles and a headlamp or flashlight
- Lunch and dinner on the last day after the guided tour at Machu Picchu
- Walking Sticks
- Sleeping bags (available to rent)
- Guide gratuity (industry recommendation is 10-15% of trip cost)
From US$ 590